Originally Posted by gibson_hg
Follow this article to backup and restore the database: BlackBerry Search Results
Here are the steps I would follow:
1. Backup the db and move the besmgmt.mdf and besmgmt_log.ldf files to a safe location. This will require you to stop the MSSQLSERVER service
2. Uninstall MSDE
3. Install SQL 2005
4. Assign the permission for SQL 2005
5. Create the blank db using createdb.exe
6. Restore your backerd up over the newly created BESMgmt db
7. Point the BES to use the database on the new SQL Server 2005 instance
All the backup/restore/createdb.exe steps are in the KB above. Feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks for the info. I need to do this fairly soon. Question: do the blackberry services need to be stopped at all during this process? Just trying to figure out downtime for our users.