View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
yjcarl87

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0
Default New Rogers BB Pearl 8110 questions

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all!

I am just beginning what seems to be a rewarding relationship with T-Mobile. Unfortunately, they did not have the second generation Pearl 8120 out yet (although it is rumored to come out Feb. 18, some sites say it has been delayed further). As luck would have it, Rogers Wireless in Canada just released the BB Pearl 8110 with GPS and all that jazz. It just so happens I live about 25 min. away from the Canadian border (Detroit/Windsor). So, I gladly drove across the border the other day and got myself a shiny new 8110. I'm waiting on the unlock code, but aside from that, I have a few questions that maybe another 8110 or Rodgers customer could answer.

I'm assuming Rogers is to blame for this, but I have no access to BB Maps. According to the list of loaded apps, it is installed - I just can't get to it! Any help?

Secondly, I really like the pre-installed T-Mobile theme on my 8100. Is there any way I can copy it to my new 8110?

If there's anyone out there who can help, please don't be shy. Also, if you can think of any other problems I might run into when using the unlocked phone let me know!

Thanks!
Offline   Reply With Quote