View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
JRV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

We're not using MDS push. We are, however, getting MDS OutOfMemory errors periodically, and often around the time the server gets flaky. In which case, I guess, it's a leak that happens whether you're using push or not.

LSASS is currently 33MB, 2.7GB of physical memory is currently available, peak commit charge about 1 GB.

Other server choices are limited and there is NO room in the server closet for another server. This client is an SMB about 120 seats in 2 companies that share a system--compromise on system design comes with the territory. One constraint on another member server is about to go away, so it could be a candidate, if necessary. Their only other server I'd even consider for this is their accounting SQL server, but they're adamant that I not use that for BES, or for anything else.

The really encouraging news is that this server remains stable this morning...none of the symptoms we've seen over and over since April. I am starting to wonder if something in BES 4 SP2, or WS2003 SP1, or scheduled MDS restarts might have finally helped us out. I'm crossing my fingers.

Last edited by JRV : 08-03-2005 at 09:46 AM.