View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
untethered
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: 2438D1AC
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 0

I just ordered my 8320 yesterday after deliberating between that & the Pearl. I played with both for quite awhile in the stores. I just wasn't picking up the keyboard on the Pearl easily - to me (old guy@40) the Curve was super easy. That coupled with the larger screen for video / browser and the 3.5mm headset jack and it was a no brainer for my usage needs.

I was also told - but you never really know how accurate the sales people are - that the Curve will automatically use WiFi VoIP and not hit your airtime without you're having to do anything, whereas the Pearl had to be told to do it...? I don't know if that's really true - but again significant for me because I have a LAN at home and at work, so that feature is a plus for me.

Regardless - check them out in person first. I had to go to a few stores to find ones that fully worked etc. It was well worth the effort.

Also - I will add that T-Mobile let's you tether to your laptop if need be, whereas some other carriers will charge extra for that. One additional factor that led to my 8320 decision.
Offline   Reply With Quote