View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
pepito141

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW
Post Thanks: 0
Default Jawbone & 8130 trouble

Please Login to Remove!

I am running Alltel's 4.3.0.97 on my VZW 8130. I also use (attempting to use) the Jawbone BT headset.

Here is my problem:

The Jawbone paired with my 8130 flawlessly. Connection and conversations are virtually crystal clear. Have heard occasional static, but nothing to concern me. My 8130 contains names and addresses that I would prefer to keep secure. I keep my 8130 locked when not physically in my grubby hands. When attempting to activate VAD from the Jawbone while the 8130 is locked and in its pouch, I receive an "unknown error". Unlock the 8130 and the Jawbone, VAD, and the 8130 seem to sing in perfect harmony.

On the 8130, under BT options I have chosen to allow outgoing calls - always. Under security and general setting I have had allow outgoing calls while locked set to both yes and no - to no avail either way. I have also changed the encryption, trust, and security settings for the Jawbone properties - also to no avail. I have been thru dozens of battery pulls for non related issues.

I have searched this site and others for similar issues and have only found 1 other mention of this issue on an 88XX device. Are there more of us out there? Please help!

One other observation - I also like to place my 8130 in standby mode via the mute button before I holster it. If I activate VAD from the Jawbone (prior to the 8130 engaging the auto lock) it brings the 8130 out of standby. I suppose I am ok with that part, but after the call is ended the 8130 remains out of standby. Doesn't this seem silly? Seems like returning to its previous state should be a rudimentary feature.

Note: This is my 1st and only BT headset. I am only using it because here in New Jersey (USA) we believe in better living thru legislation!
Offline   Reply With Quote