View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Post Thanks: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aapierre View Post
As a european who lives and works in the UK I can say that you will be just as likely to be pickpocketed in your home town as here so first of all don't panic that your visit to europe will be a hazardous and treacherous experience.

We all need to exercise a little care and one fo the best ways to do that is to slip your phone into a thin case and into a safe pocket. I use the front of my jeans pockets for valaubles accompanied by my hand usually.

But like I say - Europe is not a place to fear.
You make a very good point about the relative safety of all cities, and that Europe is not inherently a dangerous place.

As for the front pocket recommendation, that is usually a good idea. However, don't let a false sense of security come over you. One time I was at Mardi Gras, left my wallet at the hotel, and went out to party with only a money clip and funds in the right front pocket of some rather tight jeans. A very skilled pickpocket in the crowd lifted the $$$ and returned the money clip, all without my knowing it. Now the jostling of the crowd had something to do with that, but my point is that a skilled pickpocket can work wonders.
Offline   Reply With Quote