View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
aThomas

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Post Thanks: 0
Default Is My Phone Faulty?

Please Login to Remove!

I got my brand new blackberry pearl 8130 last weekend. 7 days ago, to be exact.

I purchased it new from Alltel wireless.

Friday night I noticed my emails (I have 3 gmail accounts setup) were not coming in on time but were hours delayed.

Saturday I was unable to receive text messages, they would blink like a new message showed up, for 1/3 of a second, then disappear. So, I never KNEW I wasn't getting them until someone called me to ask why I was not responding.

Today, my phone has been hanging up on calls in mid call. It never shows that the call ended. It just goes back to the main screen.

I have not downloaded any applications that were not originally on the phone.

I have 3 emails and under 40 contacts.

I have received approximately 80 emails in one week, all of which I delete as they come in.

Memory shows 12247576 Bytes Free of a total 50462720 Bytes.

I have used the web browser but clear the cache and cookies very regularly. Everything is clear. I have a 2gb MicroSD card on the phone with some songs and ringtones on it. All files are virus free from my PC.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? The only way I've been able to get the phone to start functioning normally is by taking out the battery and putting it back in. I spent an hour on the phone with Alltel and they said I am within a 14 day trial period so I can exchange the phone for a new one for free on Monday. Think I should?
Offline   Reply With Quote