View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 03:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cortez

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TIM
Post Thanks: 0

No dumb question, marduo: I'm appreciating any help about this issue. Anyway, the URL on the Blackberry is correct, without the www prefix.

To make the situation as simple as possible, I've granted a direct Internet connection to the BES Server, thus no proxy is used there. Therefore the firewall allow that machine to exit our LAN directly. Do you think there could be still a reverse proxy issue?

These are all the steps I've performed:
- grant direct access to the Internet to the BES Server
- edit its hosts file to map the url test.example.com to another public IP. From the BES Server IE this local URL works, even if I need to make a security exception (you know, default security policy on a server IE...)
- go to test.example.com in the Blackberry browser: the first time I just obtain a blank page, and if I refresh it I receive a bad request error message (invalid hostname)

LAST UPDATE: now it works! I've deleted the Blackberry browser cache, restarted the MDS service, changed the fake local URL to another one (just to be sure no cache will be used) and it works. I don't know what happened before, since I've just repeated the same steps, but now it's fine.
Thank you very much for your time!
Offline   Reply With Quote