| | Nothing works!!!
Please Login to Remove!
Problem: Cannot get anything to synchronize in either direction
* My customer has been AOL user forever - finally getting him to move from AOL to Exchange/Outlook - if we can get Blackberry to work for e-mail, calendar, tasks, etc...
* Recently setup Blackberry Professional 4.1 for Exchange.
* SBS2003 with all recent SPs and updates
* McAfee Active Virus Defense Suite
* ISA Server 2004 running - opened ports and such for 3101
* Setup the BESAdmin account & assigned to specified groups
* Delegated control for Exchange as described.
* Checked versions of cdo - they are the same
Initially I could not get the Blackberry to activate with the server. Told customer to check with Alltel to verify provisioning. He did. They had to change provisioning. However, I am very UNfamiliar with the whole Blackberry operation from start to finish. The Alltel people provisioned his phone so he could still use his AOL account AND the Blackberry Professional setup on the server. Is this doable without synch problems? I would wonder how the Blackberry would know where to synch stuff - with AOL, or his own server.
Well, anyway, at this point I don't know what to do. I have seen a few posts recommending that the user go into the Calendar...Options...Toggle Wireless Synch off/on, and the same for each item to synch (E-Mail, tasks, etc...) but my customer says he can't find this option. He is using a Blackberry Smartphone 8703 version 410373.
Where should I go from here? I don't know how to diagnose this system - like I said I am very unfamiliar with Blackberry phones and the server software. I am also at a disadvantage as I am not able to get the phone myself to do things with it, I have to have the user to do all the Blackberry stuff himself - we are not in the same state. Which brings up another question, is there a way now that the Blackberry is activated to gain any kind of remote access to the phone so that I can do things like toggling these Wireless Synch Options, or verifying setting on the Blackberry?
Thanks in advance!