View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hilroyy

Model: 8300r
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Post Thanks: 0
Thumbs down Why's trying to get a bluetooth headset to work with a BB such a crap shoot

Please Login to Remove!

I've had my Curve for about 1 month now and i just dont get it, Bluetooth connectivity sucks! I've read post after post saying that their Bluetooth headset doesnt connect or is just staticy. I have tried 3 different bluetooth headsets, a Plantronics 520, an older Motorola and RIMs own HS-655 and nothing but static as soon as I put it in my pocket, the Plantronics actually worked for a week fine when I got it. I use a Motorokr S9 to listen to my music and this works just fine, I can walk 20 feet away no problem, so whats the problem here? Every other phone I've owned I just bought a Bluetooth headset and it paired, it was that easy. Is this a hardware issue with Blackberry's. or firmware. I have upgraded, downgraded firmware (os) and no luck. If anyone can give me the magic answer here I would appreciate it. I have cleared the IT policy so there shouldnt be anything blocking the connection, there is no way as far as I can tell to see bluetooth signal strengh is there?

I might just have to goto Best Buy and purchase every bluetooth headset they have until I find one that works.
Offline   Reply With Quote