View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Mthr1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg View Post
I agree with you Mthr...for contacts that have BBs, there is nothing better than BBM or PIN. It would not be sufficient to me to have to switch to YIM or JiveTalk instead of using the (supposedly) more reliable and convenient BBM/PIN.

JiveTalk is much more stable for me than YIM on the BB, and seemed like it was worth the fee, especially if you use more than one IM service. I did have to stop leaving it running because of all the spam messages I will get throughout the day, and apparently there's not a setting to only accept messages from friends. If it had that, I would use it again. Good program.

Spam messages?? JiveTalk spits out spam messages to your client if you have it logged in? That, in itself, would deter me from ever getting it.

YIM, for the most part, is reasonably stable. Every now and then it logs off and requires a manual reconnect...but those instances are far and few. Also, I have NEVER received any spam from utilizing YIM. Not to mention that it's free.

Regardless of any of the above, nothing is more effective for me than a properly working PIN/BBM system. It gives me all the functionality that I need and when the system is working normally, it has no equal for my needs.

I am getting more and more theories that the problem lies with RIM's adjustment to the consumer growth and acceptance of BB devices. The problem lies with RIM having to adjust it's hardware/software to accommodate the growth factor of it's subscriber base. It sucks that I have to play the waiting game now to see if the problem will correct itself and how efficient RIM will be at expanding it's capacity for the increase in subscribers and traffic through it's servers.
Offline   Reply With Quote