View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
anand.bhat

Model: NA
PIN: N/A
Carrier: NA
Post Thanks: 0

I do not remember the model of the BlackBerry that I'd tried this on last year, but 'complex' mailto links like the one you posted DID show up as links.

I had a ensure a couple of things: no encoding of the @ symbol (somebody%40somewhere.com will NOT render as a link even though other mail clients recognize and convert %40 to a @) while text in the subject and body had to be encoded. In your case, I'd think the problem might be with the symbol.

Try typing mailto:ernst.fritsch@sds-bs.de?subject=_GetDok into your BlackBerry to see if it "linkifies" it. If yes, then try replacing the symbol with its UTF encoded value %C3%96 in the body text and type in mailto:ernst.fritsch@sds-bs.de?subject=_GetDok&body=jsdhfsodfh%C3%96SOGDH. If this works too, try building similar encoded strings for the body before creating the link. My Java program used java.net.URLEncoder's encode method with UTF8.

Hope you get lucky with this, it can be quite a pain. I hope the HTML email rendering functionality promised in the new release has better mailto recognition.

FYI, a section of my mailto link looks something like this:

mailto:yz@abc.efg?subject=Approval%20needed&body=% 5B%3ABEnter%20your%20comments... with an identifying key similar to yours.

Last edited by anand.bhat : 04-21-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote