View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dan East
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Post Thanks: 0
Default Video encoding problems

Please Login to Remove!

I'm having some really strange problems encoding video for my 8130 that are about to drive me mad.

What is so strange about this is a month ago I fired up SUPER, and encoded two full length movies and a few cartoons to 3GP, copied them over to my 8130, and they play great. I went to encode some new content, and SUPER cannot encode anything using ffmpeg now. It returns errors in all cases. So I upgraded SUPER, and it does the same thing. I've posted to their forums and they can't seem to help. So using SUPER to encode to 3GP isn't available to me.

So I tried encoding with mencoder, using a copy / paste of the settings found on the sticky on these forums:

Code:
mencoder -vf scale=240:180 foabp.avi -o foabp_BB.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=230
Well, that video won't play on the BB. I have encoded dozens of test videos using mencoder through the SUPER GUI using every setting imaginable (using both AAC and MP3 audio) and they will not play either. For sources I have tried both DivX AVIs and classic MPEG-1s, and none will encode to playable video (even though I successfully encoded exact same video files to 3GP before).

If I didn't know better I would think something was up with my 8130, yet the movies I encoded a month ago still play fine on it.

Anyone encounter anything like this?
Offline   Reply With Quote