| | RIM Blackberry 8830 _Ringer Volume Fix
I picked up my BB 8830 just yesterday. Was able to start making and receiving calls immediately, but was very disappointed with the low default ringer volume set by RIM for incoming calls. Went to the manual, but this was no help. Searched the internet and found a fix that works without the need to download additional audio controls. This fix will increase the ringer volume to a very acceptable level. Note that the "Blackberry" key in point 7 is actually the "Menu" key located just left of the rollerball.
1. From main menu, select "Profiles" (icon looks like a speaker)
2. In Profiles, select "Advanced"
3. Select "Loud" profile
4. Select "Phone" from list
5. Under "Out of Holster", select "Volume" (which is probably set at "Medium" from factory) and change to "High"
6. Repeat Step 5 above for "In Holster" volume setting.
7. Press Blackberry "Menu" key and select "Save".
This fix took me quite a while to locate, but it worked! Hope it helps save someone some time. RIM really should include these instructions in the BASIC section of the manual that comes with the phone!