View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heat00
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0
Exclamation just switched over from Treos.. few questions

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,
This forum seems like a great place.
I have been a Treo-Palm user for as long as I can remember and I just switched firms and they made me ditch my treo and buy a palm.

It is very different so far.

A few dislikes right off the bat:
it is hard to switch from ringer to vibrate, have to go through all kinds of menus, treo had a little switch on top so if you walk into a meeting, just flip the switch. this thing, have to go to the speaker icon, advanced, etc.

anyhow, a few newbie questions:

1. How do you see more than 2 days of phone call logs?
The only way I found is to put them into the messages folder, but that is messy and confusing enough already, it doesn't need zillions of calls in there.

2. How do you easily get back and forth to vibrate/ringer (above) without all the menus?

3. I am on the enterprise server and it syncs over the air, like the treo did. so far it works great, better than treo. however, I went to sync at home computer too and it wouldn't let me. Is there a way to also sync with the wire so I have a copy of contacts and calendar on my home computer as well as the office?

4. How do see the battery strength? (not the picture but a number)

5. Is there a way to auto lock after a phone call, it is ridiculous having to wheel to the lock every time lol.

6. Speed dial list? I did find there is one, but have no idea how get it up quickly. Also, it appears you can only have one number for each letter?

Most of my other questions I found using search or are not important enough.

thank you for your help.

Heat