View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
makedonce
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: 24AE6BA3
Carrier: T-mobile MK
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagga View Post
Why not change the EMULATION of your chosen browser from Microsoft IE or Pocket IE to Blackberry. ActiveX Controls is something relate to Microsoft, not RIM .... so I'm thinking its that.

Cancel out of your link to Yahoo IM, MSN, Yahoo, or Facebook OTA.
Goto Browser, Options:
* Clear your cookies & Cache (just to be sure)
* Browser Config I think (sorry its been a LONG while) and change "Emulation" to BlackBerry.
Now you're trying to get Yahoo, MSN, or Facebook for your Blackberry with the links provided DIRECTLY on the HOME screen of the BB, right? Not on the PC or a link directly from Facebook or Microsoft or Yahoo right that was sourced from your PC right? Cause if you're doing from links on your PC or from your PC thats the issue.

Just in case - if its directly from icons on your BB; Delete them by going to HomeScreen> Options> Applications:
- Locate YahooIM, MSN Messenger & Facebook from there. Purge those only.
Now goto Options>HRT> and select Register NOW; to try to invoke them back from your carriers configuration. They should be back on your Homescreen to click on to install.

Thanks for the input.
I do not have facebook icon on my BB screen at all. The way i try to acess facebook is vie BB browser by going to blackberry.com/facebook
As far as the Yahoo and MSN, i try to access them via the direct link from the BB homescreen.
BB Support rule #1: When in doubt, pull it out..... (the battery)

http://www.twitter.com/petarnikoloski
Offline   Reply With Quote