| | BES Migration questions
Please Login to Remove!
I have a 3.6.2 BES running in the production, need implement the following scenario:
1. Install a brand new BES4.0, put router service in the DMZ.
2. Migrate or backup/restore configuration database from 3.6.2 to BES4.0
3. Migrate existing users from old 3.6.2 to BES4.0.
4. Decommission 3.6.2.
My questions are:
1.Can 3.6.2 co-exist with 4.0 in this Router-In-DMZ configuration? I don't remember 3.6.2 support remote router service.
2. What's the best way to migrate users info and configuration database from 3.6.2 to BES4.0? Do I need update database before the migration?
3. Boss wants to put BB database on a separate SQL2000 server, what other steps should be involved for the database migration?
Many thanks for any help!