View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
matthiasj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 2164B714
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlin View Post
---This is not directed at you, so don't take it personal. I just feel the need to say it.---

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Unite wasn't released to the majority of the audience here. Myself included. So in a sense (to us) it is beta software. You should treat it as such. I had a hell of a time with it, but I didn't whine about it. first off, it wouldn't install because the MSDE setup kept bombing. I went out myself and downloaded MSDE separately and installed it. Then, I had problems with the "Server" service not being enabled on my machine so the controller kept bombing on its RPC calls. The dispatcher was coming up too quickly and it would fail because MSDE wasn't started yet. Since the controller wouldn't connect to the dispatcher, it couldn't restart it automatically. I say all of this to say that if you aren't a customer of the carrier that released it, you need to shut up or deal with it. pick one.
you havent seen my whining about anything at this point. i'm posting threads on a help forum for HELP, and i thought that is what its for. i know it wasn't released to everyone, but regardless there are users on here that know more about it than me (you included) and i'm just wanting to have my phone back working properly. excuse me if my post are bothering you, just skip them if thats the case, and if you would like to help that would be appreciated .
Offline   Reply With Quote