I have tried CoPilot for a few days now and found the routing to be just fine. I like that you can add multiple stops to your route - it helps a lot when you are going somewhere that doesn't have a data tower and you have to go somewhere else from there.
For the first day, I too was having the error communicating with their servers, but after that it worked quick and just fine.
It tells me of turns with PLENTY of warning and time (unlike the version I used for Windows mobile in the past with the T-Mobile Dash - I think that GPS puck I had just sucked).
Overall, here are some things I would like to see improved - otherwise, CoPilot Live 7 for the blackberry is a winner:
- Voices need to be louder (I drive a diesel)
- Voices need to talk faster
- Voices need text to speech
- Need 3d map view
- Need access to bigger POI database like Telenav and Mapquest Navigator have
- Need to be able to give a title to your Favorites (searching through your favorites and seeing only addresses is not very helpful)
- Traffic avoidance would be a plus
I am thinking that there will probably be a lot of updates since this Blackberry version is WAY behind what the same Windows Mobile version does. That is probably why they are giving a free trial. It is nice that the program will update itself as the updates are released.