View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
aboutyrski

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdrweez View Post
Oh here we go...

Back when I went to college, I had a Samsung i600. It was fun until it got flushed down a toilet.

Over the next few years, I owned a typical LG Verizon flip, then a Sidekick 2 & 3, then decided to go back to WM phones.

I got a Verizon XV6700, and loved it for a while. I quickly found lot of little nagging things, mostly in the lines of stability and performance. Yes it can play movies, but it can't keep up with my typing. It's cool though, and you can do a lot. I reflashed mine to WM6 and overclocked it to like 620mhz. And I kept 3 batteries handy

Finally, it got dropped for the 9348573 time, and it wouldn't turn on. Verizon gave me 2 more refurbs, then an XV6800. Great phone, but SAME THING - I found more and more little nagging things. Too many to list. So I decided to get a Berry.

I didn't think I'd like the Berry. The last one I used was years ago, a friend's 7100. The interface seemed so much more primitive, and it can't do Youtube, and I can't tweak things in the registry. But oh well - it's so close in features that I actually use, it's VERY reliable, and things make sense (emphasis on that). The keyboard is ease to use, and the messaging client is efficient. I get so much more done, and enjoy it.

Cliff's notes: I've owned 3 WM phones, and the 8830 is making me never look back.

Hope it helps a little
That does help, thanks =)
Offline   Reply With Quote