View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
8f27e956
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BELL MOBILITY
Post Thanks: 0
Default "SERVICE BLOCKED" (RED X) via DESKTOP (BES) SERVICE BOOK

Please Login to Remove!

I've searched herein and googled for same and can't search out a definitive answer.

On a new 8330, from Bell Mobility, I cannot send any email messages via the DESKTOP (BES) SERVICE BOOK.

Sent Using: Desktop (Secure)
Folder: Sent Items
Message Status: Service Blocked.
and the RED "X" on the message listing screen.

The Curve, 8330, is new on May 27th, and was an upgrade from a 7250. All was good -- including by BES EXPRESS use -- until for 7 days until this Tuesday morning, June 3rd. Then everything works EXCEPT BES ACCESS.

Not so coincidentally, Bell's billing computers ran overnight Monday into Tuesday.

Clue, right.

I had been operating under a pay-as-you-play 1X data plan and all was good. I took the new $30.00 unlimited data plan on the 27th. Review of the freshly minted bill shows that my new 8830 BES-traffic was still going down the pay-as-play 1X plan path, not the $30 plan path.

Calls into BELL on Tuesday morning and they say, "the $30 plan is BIS only, not BES compatible." This despite my asking and making them note the file so before agreeing to the $30 plan.

They agree to hump me over to a BES compatible data plan. BUT I STILL CANNOT GET BES EMAILS WORKING. I have wiped the 8330 and re-activated numerously. I have even wiped, re-registered the BES EXPRESS with a new Key/cal pair.

Same RED X.

BELL *ASSURES* ME THEY'VE PROVISIONED CORRECTLY.

Other info: When the 8330 is USB tethered to the BES EXPRESS, everything works; therefore, the BES/EXCHANGE relationship is ok. The BES can active the 8330 if tethered, but not over-the-air -- just times out. Untethered, the BES cannot PIN the 8330. Messages through the BIS service books works perfectly. (And, yes, I have tried BES with and without BIS service books co-installed.)

What do I need to do to fix this, if it is an issue in my administrative/technical domain?

What log file or thing do I have to give to BELL to demonstrate that it's their provisioning, if it is in BELL's administrative/technical domain.

I think something is "stuck" between what a first-level tech can see and the Bell-Blackberry.net SRP interface.

But how do I expose this, because -- after ten calls over three days -- Bell tech's have noted the file and dismissed the problem.

Thanks,

Last edited by 8f27e956 : 06-05-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote