Thread: Turn off 3G?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
I went back to the Crackberry.com review they did and found this bit. BlackBerry 9000 Smartphone Review - Part III - OS4.6 | CrackBerry.com
The other major visual improvement to 4.6 is the treatment of layers, and more specifically, the use of transparency within the Precision themes. Open your email, and hit the menu key as you scroll through options on the pop-up menu, you can still see through to the images behind. These transparent windows are even at work on home screen and icon screen, if for example you pull up Profiles or Connections (note the 2G/3G/2G&3G selection under Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options).

So we will have the ability to select Edge Only, 3G Only and Edge/3G depending on your area. This way we won't constantly bounce up and down on spotty 3G coverage.
That's not the picture I had in my head, but it still confirms it none the less. The one I saw was a screen where the menu was up showing all of the options.

I truly can't wait. I just hope the web browser is capable of rendering pages quickly, and like the desktop like the iPhone Safari browser.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Offline   Reply With Quote