Thread: Turn off 3G?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Straight Talk
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbswany View Post
I am about 95% sure you can switch the Bold back to 2.5G coverage. You would be running on EDGE (Where applicable) and still receive e-mail. I'm pretty sure it was somewhere in Kevin's review of the Bold where he shows you can switch. Just not sure where.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
I went back to the Crackberry.com review they did and found this bit. BlackBerry 9000 Smartphone Review - Part III - OS4.6 | CrackBerry.com
The other major visual improvement to 4.6 is the treatment of layers, and more specifically, the use of transparency within the Precision themes. Open your email, and hit the menu key xxx8211; as you scroll through options on the pop-up menu, you can still see through to the images behind. These transparent windows are even at work on home screen and icon screen, if for example you pull up Profiles or Connections (note the 2G/3G/2G&3G selection under Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options).

So we will have the ability to select Edge Only, 3G Only and Edge/3G depending on your area. This way we won't constantly bounce up and down on spotty 3G coverage.
I knew it was there!!! I told you!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Offline   Reply With Quote