| | Google Maps 2.x/OS 4.5/BES Permissions Issue Fix:
Thanks to Hdawg for this fix. Hopefully, he'll come up with a better fix (it may have to be a RIM fix.)
Issue: Google Maps locks up at 90% asking for permission to access Radio for location. The app won't load.
Solution: You have an application control policy on your BES that conflicts with this permission in Google Maps.
1. Have your BES Admin remove you from the Application Control Policy. You may need to reboot after this.
2. Install Google Maps on your OS 4.5 device. Run the app and allow all the permissions that Google asks for.
3. Reboot device again and run Google Maps again. It should work.
4. Have your BES Admin add you back to the Application Control Policy. You may have to reboot again after this.
5. Run Google Maps again....it should continue to work.
You will have to do this each time you update Google Maps until another solution is found.
I'll post more here if another solution is found.