View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004, 09:46 AM   #19 (permalink)
koolio
Thumbs Must Hurt

Post Thanks: 0
Default Re: Be careful - temporarily lost apps with OS install defau

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeers
details:
downloaded both install files. Desktop mgr is 3.6.3.10, not .14! Before upgrade, I was on V. 3.8.0.112 (platform 1.8.0.83) kernel v. 3.8.0.18. After upgrade, on V. 3.8.0.128 (platform 1.8.0.91) Kernel v 3.8.0.18.

So how did I get my browser, phone , and other application icons back? I just went back into desktop manager, rechecked them, and reinstalled them. Whew, what a heart attack! Not cool to find out that without the phone icon, you cant make calls! :o

By the way, this new os fixed a bug where the phone's incoming caller ID was in tiny font. Yeah. :D
Just upgraded both the desktop software and the O/S and noticed the same version inconsistency as jbeers. I don't think my desktop software/manager was actually upgraded b/c the version number was still xxx.10. Anyways, everything worked without a hitch but I haven't had time to test if the bugs in the previous version were fixed.

Jbeers, thanks for the tip on making sure I had browser, phone, etc. checked when upgrading to the new O/S.

bollar, FWIW, I didn't have to delete the vendor.xml file. Instead, after downloading xxx.142, I just double-clicked the executable (before connecting my handheld to the pc). After that installed, when I connected my handheld, it automatically asked me to upgrade the O/S and everything went smoothly.