Originally Posted by rivviepop
Stranger things have happened.
Back when I used the S60 (Nokia) devices this was a common problem, sometimes things would just get mangled on the SD card (and sometimes they'd be 100% fine). Usually the answer to the problem was one of two things:
1) reformat the SD card from the phone itself. Theory: mass formatting at a factory used some sort of non-standard method that was off a bit.
2) replace SD card. Theory: SD card is either a cheap knockoff/counterfeit and/or has non-spec electronics in it that barely work under Windows and maybe not other standards-compliant OSes (Mac, FreeBSD, etc.).
So just test #1 out, easy to do and quick to find out if it works...
Thanks again for the suggestions.
I tried 1), but I still get the same thing: corrupt JPEG files when I try mounting the MicroSD card over USB under Linux.