View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Straight Talk
Post Thanks: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
What are you a Verizon marking executive? No chance? Can I have some of what you are smoking? While yes, the Thunder will be a hit, but just from reading some of the reactions here, many diehard BB users won't like it due to lack of a physical keyboard. Not to mention, just because it has a touch screen doesn't mean it will perform like an iphone. Nobody has seen how the UI will function. That is critical for a purely touch UI.
You may want to see this phone in action before writing the iphone obituary.
Thank you for the colorful commentary. I'm not in Verizon marketing and I live near Boulder so you have a good idea of what I'm smoking. So maybe I'm too much of a BB fanboy, but I expect RIM to take the full touchscreen interface to the next level. Little things, like Copy/Paste and the ability to send MMS without e-mailing them. Granted, Apple knows how to hype a product and get it into consumers hands, but most of the same things people were wishing for on the iPhone 3G still aren't there (Items listed above for instance). I know diehard BB users cringe at the the fact that there is no physical keyboard, but the same was said about the iPhone and it really wasn't that bad to type on. I understand we haven't seen the UI for the thunder yet, but do you honestly think RIM is going to build a device that is going to rival the iPhone and create a bad touchscreen OS?? We will all see what happens as time develops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
You're not serious about this, right?
iPhone will have no chance? Methinks you clearly do not understand the appeal of the iPhone for most people. It's not going anywhere. The iPhone is here to stay, and will only improve. Get used to it, and stop trying to stir the pot.
Ok, I'm a bit optimistic about the Thunder. Like I mentioned above, I think RIMs touchscreen OS is going to fill the gap that Apple has forgot. I understand people want something shiny and looks good, but most of us here want function over form. The iPhone has done alot for the cell phone industry. It has pushed other companies to the next level and I have no doubt that the iPhone will continue to improve, but at the end of the day, I just want my device to work and have the features that most other devices do. Not trying to stir the pot here, just my $ .02.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Offline   Reply With Quote