View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
norg

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Post Thanks: 0
Default Blackberry 8120 w/ Rogers = free wifi/internet access ,no data plan needed?

Please Login to Remove!

I've relatively new to cellphones so I'm not familiar with their terms, so I'm hoping someone could help me out here.

I plan on getting a Blackberry for myself, along with a plan and another cellphone to share with another family member.

Currently, I have selected BlackBerry Pearl 8120 as my BB of choice.

What I want to know is...is it actually wifi enabled and I can use it to surf online through my home/school internet connection, or do I actually have to pay a flat fee [basically, a data plan] in addition to my family plan [35$ or so a month] ?

I'm generally looking for a basic phone with PDA features along with internet access. The internet access shouldn't be charged extra through data. I do a ton of blogging, twitter-ing, messenging, etc. Is this the right phone for me?

Basically, I want a Blackberry that functions as a phone, PDA and a teeny, small laptop with wifi access. Does the Pearl 8120 does the job? It's listed as UMA capable on Rogers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've read countless forums and being one who is new to much cellphone terms, i don't understand what most people are saying -_-

Last edited by norg : 06-12-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote