View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 03:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
dpm_dpmartin

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Post Thanks: 0

Orange have replied re. the question about registering...

"Your device (8310, PIN XXXXXXXX) has not registered to the blackberry system. This part of the process should be automatic. There are 2 systems we use to administer the blackberry system. The first one is a provisioning system that determines which service the Blackberry device is allowed to access i.e. BIS or BES. This provisioning system is used by all of the Mobile Operators supporting the blackberry service. As far as I can see the PIN number of this device has never registered to the blackberry provisioning system (on any network). The second system is related to BIS only and does not apply to you as you are registered for BES."

This sounds about right, to me, as it was brand new out of the box and had never been turned on. Due to my lack of knowledge, and the fact that Orange states this should be automatic, I have asked them whether a) the device can be registered manually somehow and then whether it would then get "GPRS" or b) whether the fact that it doesn't get "GPRS" in the first place is the cause of it not registering itself and, thus, it could be a defective device.

Any further input from this forum appreciated.

The URL posted above doesn't seem to go to a useful page to me - who is Steve and how do I get in contact with him? I'd prefer to use someone who is recommended by people in this forum, but the website the URL goes to is not clear to navigate or find out how to get this remote code unlocking service.

Many thanks, DpM
Offline   Reply With Quote