Thread: Pearl Disaster
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
serumgard

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Thanks: 0
Default Pearl Disaster

Please Login to Remove!

I'm new here, so forgive me if this has been discussed (I doubt it), but I seem to have unelased the perfect storm of issues on my Pearl. I'd appreciate it if anyone can assist. Here's what happened.

1) I wasn't receiving messages in Blackberry Messenger. I would get the notification, the person's name would light up in Messenger, but the message would not come through. To remedy this situation, I planned on uninstalling and reinstalling Messenger. After uninstalling, I discovered that with 4.3, it was not possible to install Messenger itself.
2) I did some searching and discovered I needed to use Application Loader to upload Messenger. However, Messenger was not listed in my Application Loader.
3) I decided to wipe the handheld, thinking this would restore factory defaults. Obviously, this didn't happen. However, this created more issues.
4) After syncing again, I could not send an email message. So I performed a full restore. This solved the problem with sending messages.
5) Now I have no browser, and when I click on links in email, it tells me I have no browser access and that I need to contact Verizon.

I'm quite certain I've done quite a few things wrong in this situation, and I'm currently downloading the new software both for the desktop and the unit. But I'm curious if anyone's had any of these issues and what I can do to get the browser (and Messenger, for that matter) back on my computer.

Thanks in advance!
Offline   Reply With Quote