Originally Posted by John Clark
Wow...you're on a roll here, just making a big problem out of a small problem, and for no reason.
1. Problems in Messenger can usually be resolved with a battery pull.
2. Deleting BBMessenger wasa totally unnecessary. In order to use Application Loader to install BBMessenger you have to ALSO install the OS (same version that is on your handheld) to your PC in ADDITION to Destkop Manager. Then BBMessenger will show up in Application Loader.
3. Totally unnecessary.
4. The reason you couldnt send an email is because your service books were deleted during the wipe. You can resend them by going to Email Setup on your home screen and resending the service books, or you can call Verizon and have them resend them.
5. Same issue as number 4. you just need to resend the service books.
Yep, everything's bad. No more trying to fix BlackBerry issues for me without help. Couple more questions.
2) If I install the BB OS on my computer, I should be able to see the application loader, correct? Will updating the software on my Pearl allow me to do this (I've installed the new Desktop Manager and downloaded the new OS)? Or should I install the current OS on my desktop (the Pearl OS is v188.8.131.52)?
4/5) Email setup seems to have disappeared as well (I've made sure to show all of the icons, including the hidden ones, and it's not there). Is there a way to send the service books without using Email setup?