View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
zvarro

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Post Thanks: 0
Default slooooowwww sync with outlook

Please Login to Remove!

hi all,

over the weekend i bought a blackberry curve from att, so i could throw away my ancient hp jornada 560 pocket pc. i like the interface of the blackberry and pretty much everything about it, but one thing is a letdown:
when i sync with outlook, it takes 30+ seconds every time. is this everyone's experience? my ancient hp jornada would sync in less than 5 seconds. seems that the blackberry software checks everything all the time, so that even when there's only one change, such as a single new task, it still takes 30+ seconds. VERY ANNOYING. Any suggestions on how to speed this up? thanks

ps: also, my ancient pocket pc would sync on the fly. Meaning that as long as the device was connected, and I typed a new appointment or new anything into outlook, it would automatically get transferred to my pocket PC in under 1 second, without me having to click a sync button or do anything. Blackberry also doesn't seem to do this. any suggestions? The blackberry device itself is awesome, but if syncing is really this awkward, i might have to consider a palm centro... thanks for any feedback!
Offline   Reply With Quote