Well guys a need a fresh set of eyes on this because I cannot get it to work. Here is what I have done so far;
1) Install Perl (http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/
2) Install Aspell (http://aspell.net/win32/
3) Create you IIS web site via the Microsoft Management Console
- right click your web site and select "Properties"
- select the "Home Directory" tab
- choose your "Local Path"
- in the "Application Settings" box, select "Configuration"
- select the "Mappings" tab
- make sure the extension ".cgi" is mapped to the Perl executable
"C:\perl\bin\perl.exe %s" (replace path as necessary)
- create a directory under your "Local Path" called cgi-bin and place
- execute the following two commands:
adsutil.vbs SET w3svc/CreateCGIWithNewConsole "1"
adsutil.vbs SET w3svc/CreateProcessAsUser "0"
I found "adsutil.vbs" under C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts. Your mileage may vary but these
two commands MUST be run.
- restart your web site
4) Modify BBCorrectorServer.cgi to reflect your system configuration
- change perl executable path. Example:
- change path to aspell executable. Example:
my $cmdAspellExe = "\"D:/Program Files/Aspell/bin/aspell\"";
After visiting the original thread here I am confused as to what the settings should be; http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=5
"C:\perl\bin\perl.exe %s" or C:\perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s
my $cmdAspellExe = "\"C:/Program Files/Aspell/bin/aspell\""; or
my $cmdAspellExe = "\"C:\\Program Files\\Aspell\\bin\\aspell\"";
Aspell install location;
Perl install location;
I keep getting BBCorrector Error HTTP response code 404.