FreeRange has come out of the long beta and just released 2.2.8 - if you're a user of the app, this is a worthwhile upgrade. I've been using the (semi-private) 2.2.7 beta for quite some time, the app has been rock solid and chock full of good features. Some of the features/changes below are in fact because I opened my big mouth and said something.
Announcement: http://freerangeinc.com/support/foru...opic.php?t=243 Version 2.2.8 released
- From your phone's browser, enter http://mwap.at Note: For Blackberry upgrading from version 2.2.6, it's very important to uninstall the application first, before installing 2.2.8. Changes
- Added the feed url to feed properties. This allows users to copy-paste urls.
- Added new option in "Settings -> Display -> Open links with". You can choose the default, which is to choose each time, or to always go to the internal or external browser.
- Changed "Update this feed" so that it forces the server to go and look for updates. This is good news if you know a feed has changed and want to look at the absolutely newest version.
- Fixed Next/Previous bug that appeared when there was only one article in a feed
- Fixed lockup up bug if "Access Links" was selected in Full Story and there weren't any links visible on the screen.
- Fixed bug encountered by user with Google Reader integration where Send and Delicious weren't correctly handling negative article ids.
- Change Feeds and Articles view to scroll by line if "Scroll by page" is turned off.
- Added new setting in Display: "Enable 'Access links' always in Full Story". This will force the app to start in "Access links" mode when viewing a full story.
- Reduced memory consumption when downloading data
- Added support for our new FavIcon loading mechanism. It's much faster and more resource efficient.
- Switched the secondary question view items to be left-aligned instead of centered.
- Now in "Add Feed by Url", you don't have to enter the feed title
- Fixed a bug where full story was deleted only after both the later version and article itself was deleted. Before it would delete the full story if either of them were deleted.
- Fixed bug in Feeds view where naming folder 8830 and/or starting feed name with a single quote doesn't display right
- Fixed up colors for some themes, especially the "Darkness" theme.
- Improved application performance slightly
NOTE: I have no affiliation with the team, just a satisfied user of the product