06-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Retired BBF Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2004
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coold8
Ok, I am a Moto V600 user, I bought a blackberry on T-Mobile (coming tommorow) and I am very interested in the applications you can get. I have a few basic questions:
1. Do Blackberry's support Java? Yes, the current generation of Blackberry's are J2ME
2. Does anyone know where to find Backgammon for Blackberry? Don't qoute me but check Magmic: www.magmic.com they might?
3. Is there any main central site full of free blackberry software (not shareware) There's not a tone of apps out there but getting better with mass adoption of devices, start with RIM Road: www.rimroad.com
4. Is there anything I can use to remote sync with Outlook while on the road? Yes, It will require a connection to a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) or a third party BES host, see Mailstreet: www.mailstreet.com
5. Remote Access software to watch what is going on at my computer at home (for people who have used IT Reach through Log Me In, the same thing as that without the Remote Control feature). Check out Idokorro Mobile Admin: http://www.idokorro.com/mobileadmin.html
6. A free MSN client (already found the AIM client) Nothing free but Quick IM works great and only has a one time charge, cost is relatively cheap: http://www.quickim.com
7. Remote Dial software like the software on the Motorola V225 (verizon). Where you do not have to train it. No remote or voice dial I'm aware of... BIG FAQ! Software, Upgrade, Ringtones, Themes, Internet, IM, Modem, Tips+Tricks, Etc
Thanks for your help in advance!