1. Manual check, but you can configure GMAIL to send you a text message for incoming emails to get push-style notifications of new email in GMAIL. Use your carrier's email-to-SMS feature such as
in GMAIL's forward feature.
2. Can't help you there.
3. Not many settings. GMAIL Mobile is a very limited app. You can configure things like filters through the desktop, and you still have access to labels on the mobile.
4. Either. There's multiple ways to combine IMAP with GMAIL because recently, GMAIL now supports native IMAP (albiet while BIS does 'synchronize' with IMAP, it does not use IMAP PUSH, so it's still a polled delay).
Originally Posted by Pinman
1. Can you get notifications when Gmail gets a new e-mail or do you have to manually check?
2. What settings must you have for Gmail App to work over wifi with no Data plan?
3. When I goto setting there are only 3 options....is that all you can do with this app??
4.Is this IMAP thing for Gmail on the home PC or on your BB???
Thank you in advance!!!