BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pocket Day Problem

Please Login to Remove!

I am using Pocket Day on a Verizon 8703e. When I receive an e-mail it shows in the Unread Mail like it should. When the red e-mail LED alert on the BB stops flashing the mail changes to Read and no longer shows on the Un Read bar on the screen.

All I get from their support is not their problem it won't do that.
Offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
akosnitzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Southern Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.333
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 14,484
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.1)

I am assuming you have reinstalled the software?
Are you using a live version? Or Beta?
__________________
------
Follow @akosnitzky on Twitter

LET'S GO CANES!
Offline  
Old 12-11-2007, 07:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.1)

I am assuming you have reinstalled the software?
Are you using a live version? Or Beta?
I have re-installed and re-booted and I am using the live personal version registered.
Offline  
Old 12-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.12
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 9,169
Post Thanks: 122
Thanked 146 Times in 116 Posts
Default

I have the 8703e and just tested this to see if I get the same thing. I sent myself an email and waited until the LED stopped flashing red -- PocketDay is still showing the email as unread. I also exited PocketDay and re-started it -- it still shows the unread email.

Doesn't seem likely, but I wonder if it could be theme related... what theme are you using? I'm using the BB Dimension Zen theme.

Also, does the Blackberry (not PocketDay) still show the message as unread after the LED stops flashing red?

Last edited by daphne : 12-11-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: add...
Offline  
Old 12-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8703e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
I have the 8703e and just tested this to see if I get the same thing. I sent myself an email and waited until the LED stopped flashing red -- PocketDay is still showing the email as unread. I also exited PocketDay and re-started it -- it still shows the unread email.

Doesn't seem likely, but I wonder if it could be theme related... what theme are you using? I'm using the BB Dimension Zen theme.

Also, does the Blackberry (not PocketDay) still show the message as unread after the LED stops flashing red?
I'm using the same theme (tried all I had) and no the BB has stopped showing the unread also.
Offline  
Old 12-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
BBF Spam Killer Moderator
 
daphne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: on a sunny beach
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.12
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 9,169
Post Thanks: 122
Thanked 146 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glp320 View Post
I'm using the same theme (tried all I had) and no the BB has stopped showing the unread also.
Then it sounds to me like the issue is with the Blackberry, not PocketDay. PD is reflecting what the BB is doing. I can't think of anything in the settings that would cause that, but you might check all the profile settings and message settings if you haven't already.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.