Update to version 0.41.3:
- The user is now able to configure the date, the billing occurs, this way defining at which day of the month the period's counter is reset. Please have a look on my website (below) for the detailed rules of calculation.
- The current period start and end date is shown in the logbook screen.
- A second logbook screen is added to show the summary of the last periods - reachable from the menu in the daily logbook screen.
- A purge logbook function is available in the logbook screen's menu. The user may choose how many days to keep (30, 60, 90) and if the period's logbook should be purged as well. At the end of the purging function a small summary shows how many records were deleted.
- Changes to the building of the main screen. This should avoid the problems reported on different devices having some small arrows at the button without being able to really scroll.
- The application pops to foreground now, if the limit is reached.
- The logbooks are displayed in reverse order now, the most recent entries on top.
- Plus a lot of small things in the code, which I forgot to write down and that's why are not mentioned here.
So from my point of view the basic functionality, I planned to implement originally and what was added here on the forum is implemented now. Things which were mentioned here in the posts not implemented yet are still on my to do list but will take little time. Except the autostart feature what will be my next challenge and comes soon.
I had a look on the capture proposal - I think it will a little overload our small devices - may be it's a subject of a different project.
Please, if you feel there are needs forgotten by me, post them here and I'll see what I can do.
From the experience of the last update for the people using the OTA: It may take time until you are able to download the now version. But it is already there! Try it again later. The last time it took more then 2 hours for to be able to see the new version.
Please see MiniMoni - Traffic monitor for BlackBerry
for a more detailed description of the new functions.
It was asked several times in the forum and I took the opportunity to practise Java programming for the BB. So here is what the application is about
- Logs the amount of traffic
- Writes daily data usage in a kind of logbook
- Every logbook entry can have a remark
- Cumulate the amount of traffic over the month
- Opportunity to set an alert on exceeding a predefined limit
- Several configuration options
- Scrolling graph showing the last minute's traffic
- For devices with SD - ability to write the content of the logbook to the SD
- Separate "Traffic watch" to observe the traffic for a limited period of time separately (Testing of an application etc.)
Please take into account: This is a beta version! Read the website carefully before using it! Please be aware that your provider might do some rounding, so the traffic you have to pay for might be 10%-20% more then we measure on the device.
Website with some screen shoots and explanation MiniMoni - Traffic monitor for BlackBerry
Download (for DM) http://www.ehnert.net/MiniMoni/MiniMoni.zip
Download (for OTA) http://www.ehnert.net/MiniMoni/MiniMoni.jad
Please let me know any problems/suggestions.