BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator
 
SteveO86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS
Posts: 6,534
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default A Few JiveTalk IM+ Questions

Please Login to Remove!

I have had my BlackBerry 8830 for aroudn 6 months now give or take and it;s been great very reliable, however recently i've been trying to find a decent IM program, from looking threw these forums i've found that the main programs is either JiveTalk or IM+, so since JiveTalk is cheaper I have downloaded the trial version of JiveTalk and I have been using it for 3 days now. However in the 3 days I have had only a few problems with the software, today when I was chatting with my buddy on Windows Live Messenger my connection must have dropped because I was unable to ping the server, then tried to sign out and it stated it timed out on me and logged off all my other accounts, end result I had to pull the battery and put it back in after that it worked fine. My other question is when I have my Blackberry holstered for a while and then I take it out and go back into JiveTalk sometimes it takes about minute or so to get re-connected is this normal?

In light of the few problems with JiveTalk I downloaded the IM+ trial and wanted to try and use it, but after selecting a buddy IM+ would crash with a Java error, it did that to me various times so i just uninstalled.

So I just wanted to know if anyone has expierenced these problems before and if so did you find a solution? If thier any information that could help narrow down either problem just let me know and I will provide it. Thank you.
Offline  
Old 01-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (8800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Never had any problems with JT, I doubt yours will continue. If they do you will one of few.
Offline  
Old 01-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
zkyevolved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Madrid, Spain
Model: 9000
OS: 4.6.0.228
PIN: 25707D3B
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 574
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I suggest Jivetalk over IM+, for speed reasons. But IM+ has some cool features, like 1/2 vib, and blue IM light! Those are cool, but functionality-wise, I totally prefer JiveTalk.

in light of your problems, I doubt they're serious. If they are, try reformating your BB, or maybe just restarting and uninstalling and reinstalling anew.
__________________
BB8100>8800>8300>8310>8100>HTC Touch Dual>iPhone8GB>8300 again>Smsung Omnia>iPhone 3g16GB>Storm>BOLD!
Current PIN:25707D3B
Offline  
Old 01-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crimson Tide Moderator
 
JSanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North of the moss line
Model: 9xx0
OS: 7.0sumtin
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 41,907
Post Thanks: 60
Thanked 244 Times in 182 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
If they are, try reformating your BB, or maybe just restarting and uninstalling and reinstalling anew.
Kent, how would you suggest "reformatting"? What do you mean?
Offline  
Old 01-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator
 
SteveO86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Florida
Model: 9650
OS: 6.0.0.280
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS
Posts: 6,534
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default

He probably just means wiping the blackberry.
Offline  
Old 01-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8310
PIN: ?
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 535
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

jivetalk hands down...if anyone says IM+ over jivetalk they are really just kidding themselves. I have been a user of both. Jivetalk is far more stable. Re-connects every time if i do lose connection. No complaints.
Offline  
Old 01-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
ltj13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: PA
Model: 9700
OS: 6.0.0.424
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 300
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Ive had IM+ for a few years but i recently installed the trial for Jive and so far it seems to be much more stable that IM+ has ever been
Offline  
Old 01-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,962
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltj13 View Post
Ive had IM+ for a few years but i recently installed the trial for Jive and so far it seems to be much more stable that IM+ has ever been
And you will find it will always be stable.
Offline  
Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
SHAPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Odessa
Model: 9700
Carrier: O2
Posts: 532
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
I have had my BlackBerry 8830 for aroudn 6 months now give or take and it;s been great very reliable, however recently i've been trying to find a decent IM program, from looking threw these forums i've found that the main programs is either JiveTalk or IM+, so since JiveTalk is cheaper I have downloaded the trial version of JiveTalk and I have been using it for 3 days now. However in the 3 days I have had only a few problems with the software, today when I was chatting with my buddy on Windows Live Messenger my connection must have dropped because I was unable to ping the server, then tried to sign out and it stated it timed out on me and logged off all my other accounts, end result I had to pull the battery and put it back in after that it worked fine. My other question is when I have my Blackberry holstered for a while and then I take it out and go back into JiveTalk sometimes it takes about minute or so to get re-connected is this normal?

In light of the few problems with JiveTalk I downloaded the IM+ trial and wanted to try and use it, but after selecting a buddy IM+ would crash with a Java error, it did that to me various times so i just uninstalled.

So I just wanted to know if anyone has expierenced these problems before and if so did you find a solution? If thier any information that could help narrow down either problem just let me know and I will provide it. Thank you.
Dear SteveO86, we would be glad to help you with the issue related to IM+.
Could you please provide us with more information.
The latest version is 5.2.2. Are you using this or other version?
Can you please specify what BlackBerry OS version you have?
How many users do you have in your contact list?
What other services were lunched at that time?

Thank you in advance!
Waiting for your reply.

P.S. You can always contact our support team at [email address] if you have any questions related to our software and if you cannot find them in the FAQ.
__________________
Support Team
SHAPE Services
www.shapeservices.com
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.