After some weeks of beta testing - thanks to all people helped in that process - I decided to go final with this program and let it be a version 1.00.0.
Moreover I decided to make it free and let the user voluntary decide if they want to donate or not. Making it a free piece of software is my tribute to all the helpers around in the community. You may consider, though, a PayPal donation in order to cover the costs of code signing and to support the future development of MiniMoni. Please do read the appropriated statements in the "Donation" tab carefully.
- Counts the IP traffic on GSM/GPRS/EDGE network in byte.
- Scrolling graph to visualize the traffic of the last minutes.
- Builds sums on a daily and a time period basis.
- The day the period ends in the month is configurable.
- A lot of functions can be configured in the preferences in particular to show in bytes or kbytes.
- Maintains a daily and a period's logbook. Logbook entries can have user remarks.
- You may switch on an alarm once a particular amount of traffic volume is reached in the period.
- For devices with SD card the program can write the content of the logbook to SD.
- Separate "Traffic watch" to observe the traffic for a limited period of time separately (Testing of an application etc.)
- Supported languages are English, German and Italian.
- Auto starts on device reboot and installation of new versions.
- Tested and proofed to work on different BlackBerry devices.
For people involved in the beta testing here are the latest changes to 0.43.1:
- The code is signed by RIM now giving a lot of more opportunities in coding
- Included Italian language version. Thanks to blackberryitalia community.
- Expiration date is gone!
- Web site relaunched with a donation part. The decision is to keep this software free and to give the people the opportunity to make donation if and only if they want!
- Two buttons on the about page
Compose a mail to for support questions
Reach the OTA installation site to check for new versions
- As the code is signed now the application does auto start
- No more annoying question about the access to local resources (SD)
- Some fixes in the code due to deprecated functions (for that I needed the signed code as well)
a lot of other small things which I forgot to write down
Website with some screen shoots and explanation MiniMoni - Traffic monitor for BlackBerry
Download (for DM) http://www.ehnert.net/MiniMoni/MiniMoni.zip
Download (for OTA) http://www.ehnert.net/MiniMoni/MiniMoni.jad
Still on the ToDo list:
- Integration of the application in the alert profiles.
- Split traffic counter none roaming / roaming.
- Some other small things
Please let me know any problems/suggestions.