BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Posts: 5
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Splash Money?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, quick question. I have had my 8130 for almost a month now and I absolutely love how it has made me a better "communicator." However, I really miss Splash Money which I had on my ole treo 650. That is a great piece of financial software. Do you guys know if it will be available for the BB? I use Ascendo, and frankly, I am very disappointed. There are so many little things that Splash Money does that I miss (autofilling of sections for one).
Offline  
Old 01-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hickory, NC
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.77
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I feel your pain! I used to have a Palm TX and LOVED using SplashMoney. Ascendo is what I use now only because it's the best available, IMHO. It doesn't measure up in functionality, ease of use, or appearance vs SplashMoney. I'm not aware of any plans for a BB version either:(
Offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
lamonicaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 116
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanerin View Post
Hey guys, quick question. I have had my 8130 for almost a month now and I absolutely love how it has made me a better "communicator." However, I really miss Splash Money which I had on my ole treo 650. That is a great piece of financial software. Do you guys know if it will be available for the BB? I use Ascendo, and frankly, I am very disappointed. There are so many little things that Splash Money does that I miss (autofilling of sections for one).
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjac1 View Post
I feel your pain! I used to have a Palm TX and LOVED using SplashMoney. Ascendo is what I use now only because it's the best available, IMHO. It doesn't measure up in functionality, ease of use, or appearance vs SplashMoney. I'm not aware of any plans for a BB version either:(

There's a beta version available....

SplashMoney for BlackBerry - SplashData Forums
Offline  
Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
PASO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default SplashMoney

I downloaded SplashMoney for BB from the link I found here but when I go to install it it is not there. It installed on my laptop but when I go to the application loader it does not find the file. I downloaded it to a seperate BB file so I know I am looking in the right place.

I am using a ATT Pearl 8100,

Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated.
Offline  
Old 06-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.199
Carrier: None
Posts: 2,622
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

sorry to be obvious here, but did you extract the zip file?
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 07:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
PASO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yes but still nothing
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8310
PIN: ?
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 535
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hmm nice that there is a beta. Was definitely looking for something that would show my current checking account balances. Any screenshots of the blackberry version?
Offline  
Old 06-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
InPocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 298
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

why net set up yodlee.com and login from your blackberry? There is a specific mobile portion and you can check all your balances across all accounts (credit cards included).
__________________
8330 ...
PIN: 30279C3E
Offline  
Old 06-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Model: 8310
PIN: ?
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 535
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I prefer the GUI of application based vs. web based. So splash money may be my best bet.
Offline  
Old 06-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
lamonicaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 116
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibber9583 View Post
I prefer the GUI of application based vs. web based. So splash money may be my best bet.
When I was using my Palm 755p, I had Splash Money...this was definitely my most used application. I was able to do an online sync & get up to date tranactions & balances of multiple accounts. The desktop version was also great for when I was at work.

Hopefully, they will get the beta working and will release it soon!!!
Offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 06:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hickory, NC
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.77
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Update! I downloaded and installed the latest Splashmoney beta (0.38) this morning via this link: http://www.splashdata.com/Downloads/...ney-BB-036.exe. It installed without any issues, but I haven't opened it up yet. I also updated to the latest Ascendo Money (3.09) last night... still scratching my head... will report back once I get some transactions loaded into Splashmoney.
Offline  
Old 06-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
gameboy213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: 9630
OS: 4.7
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 340
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How is this looking like it will stack up with Ascendo? I can't wait to see the first review of the two side by side!
Offline  
Old 06-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hickory, NC
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.77
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 20
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Right now I'd say the newest SplashMoney program is buggy. Too many issues that need to be corrected before I'm confortable relying on it with my financial life Balances aren't correct, and now that I've synced with the Desktop I can't add new transactions! Meanwhile, the new Ascendo has an updated look, but seems more cumbersome to use than it was before. Many more options than previous versions, but much slower. The "register" screen lists ALL the various categories; no option to list just the categories you want (i.e. running balance, type of expense, etc), although you can change their order and the # of spaces devoted to each field. I hate to admit I prefer the 2.57 version of Ascendo to the 3.09 version... but at least it's accurate I'm hoping the Splashmoney folks step up and fix some bugs this week.
Offline  
Old 07-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
lamonicaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 116
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Splash Money is now available!!!!

SplashMoney - Personal Finance Manager for BlackBerry

SplashMoney for BlackBerry : BlackBerry Curve : Handango
Offline  
Old 07-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL
Posts: 505
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

this looks really nice. i will give it a try!
Offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
lraed74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Model: S2
OS: 5.0
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 720
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I cant get it to load the banks for online use.
Offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
DougMcCready's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 30
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
I cant get it to load the banks for online use.
I'm having the same problem too.
Offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
vlalra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8310
PIN: 2440f547
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 19
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjac1 View Post
Right now I'd say the newest SplashMoney program is buggy. Too many issues that need to be corrected before I'm confortable relying on it with my financial life Balances aren't correct, and now that I've synced with the Desktop I can't add new transactions! Meanwhile, the new Ascendo has an updated look, but seems more cumbersome to use than it was before. Many more options than previous versions, but much slower. The "register" screen lists ALL the various categories; no option to list just the categories you want (i.e. running balance, type of expense, etc), although you can change their order and the # of spaces devoted to each field. I hate to admit I prefer the 2.57 version of Ascendo to the 3.09 version... but at least it's accurate I'm hoping the Splashmoney folks step up and fix some bugs this week.
I would have to disagree, I got the updated Ascendo and it has a great new look, but it doen not sync, I have lost my data several times.
I also have been emailing Ascendo suport for 2 weeks and still no solutions.
I removed it yesterday and put Splash Money on and have had no issues at all. It has many great features. So far I am loving it, also easy to use.
Offline  
Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
gameboy213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Model: 9630
OS: 4.7
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 340
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

splash seems very slow to use... is it just me?
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.