iSilo for Blackberry Beta is HERE!
Downloaded and started using a 156mb iSilo DB last night. Initial impressions:
1. Finally! iSilo for Blackberry is fantastic!
2. Navigation appears to be a little slow compared to the Pocket PC that I'm used to using.
3. Found that using the trackball, when you "roll" right you go into select mode and to get out of it you need to push escape and then you go into "scroll" mode. Up and down but if you go right you're in select mode.
These are merely initial impressions after 10 minutes of use with only 1 DB. If any are interested I will post more info tomorrow.
Again, iSilo for Blackberry, FANTASTIC! :smile: 8-)
Sigh.....don't make me search Google to find out what this is.
Ditto. Please tell what's so fantastic.
iSiloxxx8482; is a highly versatile document reader available for Palm OS®, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile Smartphone, Sybmain UIQ, Symbian Series 60, and Windows® CE Handheld PC handhelds, as well as for Windows® computers. You can find thousands of ready-made documents downloadable immediately for reading with iSiloxxx8482; or you can create your own documents from HTML content using iSiloX. Some of the major features that will win you over to iSiloxxx8482; include:
* High text compression in iSiloxxx8482; format documents result in a 50% to 60% decrease in size, which is about 20% better than the Palm Doc format, allowing you to store more and larger documents on your handheld.
* Hyperlinks make it much easier to navigate through a document.
* Images add visual richness to documents, especially photo-quality color pictures.
* Tables allow the display of tabular data.
* Formatted text gives style to text for controlled emphasis.
* VFS support on Palm OS® allows you to store and access documents on high-capacity removeable storage.
LOL reading the 1st post I thought it was a GPS Navigation system...
@jeremyckitching: tnx for clearing that up...
Sorry guys. I thought there were more BB users out there that had been waiting for the iSilo reader to finally be available on the BB.
iSilo™ beta for BlackBerry
Does iSilo read PDF or TXT files from the SD card?
outstanding news. i've only recently been banging my head trying to figure out how to convert all my old isilo docs into mobipocket format. now if we can just get plucker for bb, i'll be even happier - mostly because plucker is free and seems to be a bit more open in terms of flexible conversion (think it uses an html variant, not proprietary like isilo)
allo tu parle francais?
Got this installed, and it is like coming home to an old friend. Those who used iSilo on other platforms will appreciate getting their old reference materials back.
iSilo offers a sort of 'web-clipping' feature, too, but I never really got hooked into that tool. Too much reliance on desktop syncing (which I do even less of with my Berry).
But the iSiloX converter is very handy for generating portable references. I've got a handful of glossaries, statutes, rules, etc that I really appreciate having handy while I'm away from my desk.
I'm wondering what their pricing structure will be - I think my old license from the Palm days was for version 3 or something.
Finally gave the Blackberry edition of iSilo a whirl, and it's very disappointing. The page navigation is bizarre - who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to have a (mutually exclusive) "scroll mode" to move around a page and "hyperlink mode" to activate hyperlinks? To go from scroll mode to hyperlink mode, you have to (on the Curve, which I have) move the trackball to the right (!) Can you imagine a browser working this way? Really inexcusable marketing gaffe - can't believe any company would have spent a minute on development for that flawed of a software concept. Truly unbelievable...
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.