BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Detroit
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 44
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Gmail alerts

Please Login to Remove!

Newb here. I have a problem that i haven't been able to resolve. I have installed gmail for my blackberry 8100. For some reason it doesn't always notify me of new messages. I have it set to keep me logged in and to notify me of new messages. Every once in a while it works, but for the most part it never notifies me. Its a pain in the butt to keep checking and refreshing every 30 minutes when im at work. I use IMAP but the problem was happening when i was on POP. Any ideas? My carrier is tmobile. Thank you
Offline  
Old 02-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk in Detroit View Post
Newb here. I have a problem that i haven't been able to resolve. I have installed gmail for my blackberry 8100. For some reason it doesn't always notify me of new messages. I have it set to keep me logged in and to notify me of new messages. Every once in a while it works, but for the most part it never notifies me. Its a pain in the butt to keep checking and refreshing every 30 minutes when im at work. I use IMAP but the problem was happening when i was on POP. Any ideas? My carrier is tmobile. Thank you
I use gmail with by pearl too. What I do is set-up gmail to send a text notification to my cell (using [email address]) whenever I get a email. When email's come in, I get a text message saying I have mail from whoever, and then open my gmail.

When you set gmail to keep you logged in, does that consume any data? I only have 5MB so never stay signed in just in case.
Offline  
Old 02-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Detroit
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 44
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by help_questions View Post
I use gmail with by pearl too. What I do is set-up gmail to send a text notification to my cell (using [email address]) whenever I get a email. When email's come in, I get a text message saying I have mail from whoever, and then open my gmail.

When you set gmail to keep you logged in, does that consume any data? I only have 5MB so never stay signed in just in case.
How do you set it up to send a text msg? Im not sure how much data it consumes but it is supposed to run in the background. I dont think im worried about that (or should i be?)
Offline  
Old 02-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Is there some reason you didn't set up your Gmail account via your BIS account? Then the mail is automatically pushed to your device and you don't have to refresh anything....

How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ.com
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 02-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Detroit
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 44
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Is there some reason you didn't set up your Gmail account via your BIS account? Then the mail is automatically pushed to your device and you don't have to refresh anything....

How to add / delete email addresses - BlackBerryFAQ.com
Maybe thats what i will do. Will it support IMAP?
Offline  
Old 02-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Posts: 9
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk in Detroit View Post
How do you set it up to send a text msg? Im not sure how much data it consumes but it is supposed to run in the background. I dont think im worried about that (or should i be?)
sign into gmail via computer.
click settings
click Forwarding and POP/IMAP

on this page, you see a Forwarding section.
I clicked forward a copy of incoming mail to :myphonenumber@pcs.rogers.com
and then save.

you'll have to find how your provider has set up you cell phone text messaging email address. I am with rogers and they use pcs.rogers.com


there was also question about why I dont your BIS.....I dont have BIS.
If you do have BIS, ignore everything I have said.
Offline  
Old 02-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
iPhone Convert
 
juwaack68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tulip City - MI
Model: iP5
OS: 6.0.2
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not
Posts: 13,875
Post Thanks: 3
Thanked 72 Times in 55 Posts
Default

If you have a Blackbery data plan, you have BIS access.
__________________
No longer a BES Admin, but it was fun while it lasted!
Offline  
Old 02-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Detroit
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Posts: 44
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have unlimited data. Thanks for the help.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.