BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2008, 06:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default SMS and MMS

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone,
I hope someone here will be able to help. I would like a program that I could download/upload my SMS and MMS to desktop. or in other words back up/save my sms messages to my computer. so far I have not been able to find anything. but then again I'm pretty new to blackberrys this is my first and bought it this year.
I'm great full for any help , thanks all
Offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 06:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
EPIC MOD
 
ezrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Model: ZED10
OS: DOS 3.1
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 12,214
Post Thanks: 9
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Wirelessly posted (blackberry 950)

Other than using desktop manager I don't know of any way to do what ya want
__________________
ZED 10
Offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 06:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Sci-Tek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8000
OS: 4.6.0.303
Carrier: TDC
Posts: 359
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

this is done with the official Desktop Manager application that came with the OS.
__________________
Cheers,

Sci-Tek

Only dead fish follow the stream
Offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 06:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

like with the Backup and restore option this is true. I was thinking there was a program out there that would allow me to view in addition to saving. I'm just looking for the easy way out. other than going one by one and sending them via email. thanks for such a quick response.
Offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,962
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjantics View Post
like with the Backup and restore option this is true. I was thinking there was a program out there that would allow me to view in addition to saving. I'm just looking for the easy way out. other than going one by one and sending them via email. thanks for such a quick response.
No there isn't one that does this yet.
Offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAX, NYC, CHI, STL, BOS, PHL
Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint
Posts: 863
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
No there isn't one that does this yet.
How about ipddump - Google Code or ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor ???

....hmmm sounds real familiar . . .

Last edited by crisambo : 03-28-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,962
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo View Post
How about ipddump - Google Code or ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor ???



....hmmm sounds real familiar . . .
Yeah, But you were talking about native apps that the BB is capable of, not the use of third party software.

And if these two programs are so great how come no ones ever talked about them? You had to search hard to find something to nail me on I am so flattered.
Offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAX, NYC, CHI, STL, BOS, PHL
Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint
Posts: 863
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Yeah, But you were talking about native apps that the BB is capable of, not the use of third party software. ..
...doesnt matter if native or 3rd party app... I do agree with you that everyone should make sure that they know what the heck they try to talk about before posting . . . oh and FWIW, I posted an apology rather than just trying to be big man and justifying ones mistake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
And if these two programs are so great how come no ones ever talked about them? .
Maybe because the great VZW BB users dont have a need for them . . . not much SMS and MMS to work on . . .??


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
You had to search hard to find something to nail me on I am so flattered.
FYI . ..I didn't need to search hard, I've demo'd these apps before. .

Why would you even say I'm trying to nail you?!?! . . . is that how it feels? Well, I again apologize that I made you feel that way.... didn't mean to flatter you, but hey, if it makes you happy, then I'm hapopy for you, too.

Last edited by crisambo : 03-28-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,962
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo View Post
...doesnt matter if native or 3rd party app... I do agree with you that everyone should make sure that they know what the heck they try to talk about before posting . . . oh and FWIW, I posted an apology rather than just trying to be big man and justifying ones mistake...



Maybe because the great VZW BB users dont have a need for them . . . not much SMS and MMS to work on . . .??




FYI . ..I didn't need to search hard, I've demo'd these apps before. .

Why would you even say I'm trying to nail you?!?! . . . is that how it feels? Well, I again apologize that I made you feel that way.... didn't mean to flatter you, but hey, if it makes you happy, then I'm hapopy for you, too.
My SMS and MMS work just fine so there you go again saying VZW doesnt have it
Offline  
Old 03-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LAX, NYC, CHI, STL, BOS, PHL
Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint
Posts: 863
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
My SMS and MMS work just fine so there you go again saying VZW doesnt have it
Dawg, I'm happy for you that your SMS and MMS work just fine . . . but you have got to take your blinders off (quit making a mule of yourself) and read the post properly . . . nothing in this thread mentions anything about "VZW doesn't have SMS and MMS". . .

...what do you have against people who are off VZW for you to continually act this way? seems like you keep on focusing on matters that are critical of VZW and not the subject at hand...

Also, how come I didn't see you brandishing your SMS and MMS ability to your fellow VZW subscribers in this thread? . . . perhaps, if you do, you can shed some light on their mystery . . .
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...questions.html

Last edited by crisambo : 03-28-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 04:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 466
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo View Post
Dawg, I'm happy for you that your SMS and MMS work just fine . . . but you have got to take your blinders off (quit making a mule of yourself) and read the post properly . . . nothing in this thread mentions anything about "VZW doesn't have SMS and MMS". . .

...what do you have against people who are off VZW for you to continually act this way? seems like you keep on focusing on matters that are critical of VZW and not the subject at hand...

Also, how come I didn't see you brandishing your SMS and MMS ability to your fellow VZW subscribers in this thread? . . . perhaps, if you do, you can shed some light on their mystery . . .
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...questions.html


woah man! this isnt a flame thread. i think you need to chill out
Offline  
Old 03-29-2008, 08:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Atlanta
Model: 8330
OS: 4.5.0.138
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS
Posts: 13,962
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisambo View Post
Dawg, I'm happy for you that your SMS and MMS work just fine . . . but you have got to take your blinders off (quit making a mule of yourself) and read the post properly . . . nothing in this thread mentions anything about "VZW doesn't have SMS and MMS". . .

...what do you have against people who are off VZW for you to continually act this way? seems like you keep on focusing on matters that are critical of VZW and not the subject at hand...

Also, how come I didn't see you brandishing your SMS and MMS ability to your fellow VZW subscribers in this thread? . . . perhaps, if you do, you can shed some light on their mystery . . .
http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...questions.html

you said it your self that SMS and MMS didn't work on vzw so who's the mule?

I have said nothing about people who aren't on VZW . What I have is the issue of people bashing a network they don't even use and then tell people it doesn't do something it does.

There are devices on VZW that don't do MMS. But hey there are things that don't work on alot of carriers devices. Like Sprint BBs they cant do MMS at all. If you don't like what I have to say you have the luxury of putting me on ignore.

You apologize to me and then continue to trash me. I like that shows character, maybe not the kind you want to have but it does show character.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.