BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: belgium
Model: 9790
Carrier: ?
Posts: 265
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default minimoni: best freeware ever

Please Login to Remove!

just wanted to share with you guys because im sure a lot of users are looking for this.... Minimoni is a GPRS traffic monitor which monitors your network consumption, this can be crucial for people with a limited data plan... and up untill now you had to pay for all apps with similar functionallity...

it gives you daily stats and even all time stats (as long as the monitor is running)



get it here:

download minimoni at blackberry software list . net
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
MaxDiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8310
OS: 4.5.0.37
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 87
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Err

Give credit where it's due..
To be ontopic, I love this app but there allready is a topic about it iirc.

And here it is. :P

Last edited by MaxDiggity : 04-15-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,679
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 96 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Yep, this was posted about by the developer in the thread above. Great app.
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint
Posts: 11
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thats cool to monitor it, but for 30 a month i have unlimited... how much is limited?
Offline  
Old 04-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 7100i
Carrier: nextel
Posts: 21
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Some network providers outside of the US don't have unlimited plans at all.
Offline  
Old 04-23-2008, 12:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.199
Carrier: None
Posts: 2,622
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

like fido and rogers :( tho this app doesnt work with 4.5 so if you are on a limited data plan i would suggest to NOT upgrade to 4.5 as it doesnt work... i have been barely using data as i cannot moniter it :(
Offline  
Old 04-23-2008, 12:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,679
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 96 Times in 71 Posts
Default

It works on 4.5.
Offline  
Old 04-23-2008, 01:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
No longer Registered.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Model: 8900
OS: 4.6.1.199
Carrier: None
Posts: 2,622
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

JC? it works for you on 4.5?

edit: the program loads on 4.5 but doesnt track any of my data... thats what i meant by it doesnt work

EDIT EDIT:

i uninstalled monimini in app loader and redownloaded and then re installed on BB and everything works perfectly now... tracks my data and everything!! wOOt!!!

Last edited by Cory Scheuer : 04-23-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Offline  
Old 04-23-2008, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,679
Post Thanks: 4
Thanked 96 Times in 71 Posts
Default

It works on 4.5.
Offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 06:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
sheldonbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Model: 9000
OS: 5.0.0.509
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Posts: 413
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone else find that it occasionally stops running with an error message?? (It's still a great little free ap and is easy to restart so I haven't even bothered to jot down the error message)
Offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
PDM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
PDM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 428
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonbk View Post
Anyone else find that it occasionally stops running with an error message?? (It's still a great little free ap and is easy to restart so I haven't even bothered to jot down the error message)
I have only seen an error message when :
* disconnecting BB from USB; upon using Desktop Manager.
"Uncaught exception Application MiniMoni(139) is not responding, process terminated."
* restarting after Battery pull or hard rebooting BB :
"Uncaught exception Application MiniMoni(99) is not responding, process terminated."

When running and none of the above two instances it runs and runs...

Last edited by PDM : 04-24-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Error Messages
Offline  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
victorbrca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ON, Canada
Model: 8310
OS: 4.2
PIN: 206B7448
Carrier: Robbers
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
JC? it works for you on 4.5?

edit: the program loads on 4.5 but doesnt track any of my data... thats what i meant by it doesnt work

EDIT EDIT:

i uninstalled monimini in app loader and redownloaded and then re installed on BB and everything works perfectly now... tracks my data and everything!! wOOt!!!
Tried the same and it didn't work for me!! :(

Vic.
Offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I got an 8820 from AT&T last week with no data plan. I've been using Minimoni to track whatever data usage there may be so that I don't inadvertently rack up huge data charges. My phone originally came with version 4.2 of the BB device software. This weekend I upgraded to version 4.5 and I noticed an apparent difference in the amount of data usage being logged. Before the upgrade I could use the wifi connection as much as I wanted and Minimoni continued to show that no data was being used. However, now there's a steady "pulse" of data (about 2 bytes every minute) and varying amounts of data are used any time I use the browser or JiveTalk. Has anyone else seen this? I know the minimoni website says that the software is for version 4.2, but could there be any compatibility issue with version 4.5 that would cause something like this?
Offline  
Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
victorbrca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ON, Canada
Model: 8310
OS: 4.2
PIN: 206B7448
Carrier: Robbers
Posts: 27
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoben View Post
I got an 8820 from AT&T last week with no data plan. I've been using Minimoni to track whatever data usage there may be so that I don't inadvertently rack up huge data charges. My phone originally came with version 4.2 of the BB device software. This weekend I upgraded to version 4.5 and I noticed an apparent difference in the amount of data usage being logged. Before the upgrade I could use the wifi connection as much as I wanted and Minimoni continued to show that no data was being used. However, now there's a steady "pulse" of data (about 2 bytes every minute) and varying amounts of data are used any time I use the browser or JiveTalk. Has anyone else seen this? I know the minimoni website says that the software is for version 4.2, but could there be any compatibility issue with version 4.5 that would cause something like this?
Not sure what the details are, but the present version does not support 4.5.

I was able to get a reply from the creator of Minimoni and he informed me that there's no forecast of when a new version with 4.5 support would be available.

Would be nice to have a few coders trying to jump in and help out with this. I would if I was one.

I'm going back to 4.2 for now. Can't complaint as it's a free software.

Vic.
Offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL
Posts: 505
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

from time to time this app creates a "not responding" popup on my bb. does anyone of you have the same message?
Offline  
Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yeah, I thought about going back to 4.2 also because minimoni was working quite well in that version. However, one of my main reasons for switching was to get the free version of Documents to Go, which as I understand it, only works on version 4.5.

And Vic, even if it's freeware we can complain....we just can't very well expect anyone to care.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.