BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbia, MD
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default gWhiz Screenshots

Please Login to Remove!

Here's some screenshots from our recent free release of gFlash+ and gCalc. Please let us know what you think and what other features would be useful. (You can get gWhiz from here)


Offline  
Old 04-25-2008, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
EPIC MOD
 
ezrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Model: ZED10
OS: DOS 3.1
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile
Posts: 12,214
Post Thanks: 9
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

cool stuff

Im gonna have to give it a go
__________________
ZED 10
Offline  
Old 04-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 28
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is there any way to get the flashcards on your phone without having a data plan? I can't use the browser or get emails since I don't have data.

Thanks-

Devin
Offline  
Old 04-26-2008, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbia, MD
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Data plan

Devin,

Sorry but currently gWhiz requires a data plan to get flashcard sets (gCalc runs fine without it). We've considered putting in support for lifting files from an SD card but that's not there yet. Would that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinB View Post
Is there any way to get the flashcards on your phone without having a data plan? I can't use the browser or get emails since I don't have data.

Thanks-

Devin
Offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I just wanted to say I actually purchased my Curve through T-mobile on Sunday just for this program. I spent hours looking for a decent program for PPC (which they are all old, and don't run well on WM6). I came across this program, and decided I wanted to go back to blackberry.

I look forward to trying it out. I was just wondering though, I should be able to sync with my card set through wifi (I have the T-mobile plan), but I do not have the data plan.

Shouldn't be any issues right? I only got the unlimited email plan, not interested in the internet plan since the phone had wifi.
Offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbia, MD
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Connectivity etc.

Connecting thru the web via wifi should be fine to get the card sets. You can also email the sets to your phone if there are problems retrieving the cards over the web. Please contact us at [email address] if you need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R View Post
I just wanted to say I actually purchased my Curve through T-mobile on Sunday just for this program. I spent hours looking for a decent program for PPC (which they are all old, and don't run well on WM6). I came across this program, and decided I wanted to go back to blackberry.

I look forward to trying it out. I was just wondering though, I should be able to sync with my card set through wifi (I have the T-mobile plan), but I do not have the data plan.

Shouldn't be any issues right? I only got the unlimited email plan, not interested in the internet plan since the phone had wifi.
Offline  
Old 04-29-2008, 07:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 3
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skicson View Post
Connecting thru the web via wifi should be fine to get the card sets. You can also email the sets to your phone if there are problems retrieving the cards over the web. Please contact us at [email address] if you need help.
Awesome! Thanks for the replay! I cant wait to try this program out!
Offline  
Old 05-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbia, MD
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile About Wifi

We have a new version (0.5.3) that was posted on our site today for those wanting to use gWhiz flashcards with Wifi access. You'll need to have BlackBerry OS 4.3 or later... Of course, the email option is still available - see our adding flashcards webpage for details. Sorry for the earlier confusion.

Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R View Post
Awesome! Thanks for the replay! I cant wait to try this program out!
Offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chile
Model: 8310
Carrier: Claro Chile
Posts: 425
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I still see 0.5.2 available on the site.

Best,
jaime
__________________
BB 8310
Offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbia, MD
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

0.5.3 is only for devices with BB OS 4.3. Others should still use 0.5.2. (BTW, we're still researching the BIS-B issue.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
I still see 0.5.2 available on the site.

Best,
jaime
Offline  
Old 05-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 28
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skicson View Post
Devin,

Sorry but currently gWhiz requires a data plan to get flashcard sets (gCalc runs fine without it). We've considered putting in support for lifting files from an SD card but that's not there yet. Would that help?
Yeah, it'd help me and others in my situation. But obviously it's up to you to decide if it's worth your time and effort to make it possible.
Offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbia, MD
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Good News!

Hi Devin -

Our next gWhiz release (due out within the next week or two) will have support for loading card files via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager - an SD card will not be required. This feature will allow people without email or a data plan to load content for gFlash+.

As far as it being worth our time and effort? Well...if you like gWhiz and want to keep it free, you can always show your appreciation


Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinB View Post
Yeah, it'd help me and others in my situation. But obviously it's up to you to decide if it's worth your time and effort to make it possible.
Offline  
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 28
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Awesome. If I end up using this app when I get back in school to help with studying, I'll definitely donate.

Thanks-
Offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
negrobizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia
Model: 8820
OS: 4.5.0.52
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 53
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default gwhiz with 4.5.0.52 OS 8820

I am having problems loading a getting a flashcard file into gflash.

I opened Media Manager and moved the file into the documents folder on the device memory. I also tried putting the file in the documents folder on the SD card. However when I go to Load File in the gflash menu, it says "Sorry there are no media files to choose from. Please consult our help documentation."

I am running a new OS, could that be the problem? I installed the gwhiz version for 4.3, which was the newest one.

any help would be appreciated
Offline  
Old 07-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
negrobizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia
Model: 8820
OS: 4.5.0.52
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 53
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

solved that last problem...had to create a folder "gwhizdata" on the device mem.

However I emailed info at gwhizmobile.com about another issue and the email was rejected.

Is that no longer the support email?
Offline  
Old 07-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Columbia, MD
Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Posts: 95
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes info at gwhizmobile.com still should work fine and is still the support email. I tested it a minute it ago and it looks okay.

We did receive another email this morning about breaking up a big flashcard set. One quick workaround in the 0.6.3 version is that there is an option in the gFlash+ menu to study with a subset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrobizzle View Post
solved that last problem...had to create a folder "gwhizdata" on the device mem.

However I emailed info at gwhizmobile.com about another issue and the email was rejected.

Is that no longer the support email?
Offline  
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
negrobizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia
Model: 8820
OS: 4.5.0.52
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 53
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default breaking up a large cardset

yea I had seen that subset option, but it doesn't let you choose what cards are in the subset. that was more what i was hoping for

anyways, thanks for the program and I will be donating shortly
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.