Thank you all for your interest and for efforts spent in testing MiuTunes. We apologize for not being able to respond more frequently than what we had wanted to. Nevertheless we assure you that we do listen to every comments, feedbacks, and suggestions sent to us or posted in forum. Also would like great thank those who voluntarily help us support the questions in the forums.
Believe me, our engineering team is working hard right now on the feedbacks and suggestions, and a new beta update is on the way in coming one or two days.
Here we would like to give some pointers for some common problems and feedbacks from many users. All beta testers will go through these before submitting new feedbacks. The popular requests and comments should not be submitted any more and we welcome feedback with more details using the form provided better than those one-liners. And one more thing: though we know you eager to express your own feelings in testing MiuTunes, we like it better if you express it in English Common problems:
- Download issue:
* Make sure you have sign up to MiuTunes Beta, and login through blackberry browser with browser configuration set to 'WML only'
- Failed to launch MiuTunes:
* Make sure you have memory card in your phone, and make sure you are using 81xx, 83xx, or 88xx. No other models are supported.
* Be sure to grant the permission to file access, as MiuTunes need to read media files and save the music library and create those artwork files
* Be sure to grant the permission to phone log for MiuTunes to be able to auto-pause and resume during incoming calls
- Failed to scan music:
* Make sure you have placed the music in the proper location designated as music folder, ie. \BlackBerry\music
* We know some program may sync it to other folder but it is not proper place for BB. There could be other media files not is not intended to be added to music library.
* To rescan the music folder, select 'Explore to Folder' from the carousel main screen, and choose 'Scan Music Folder' from the menu. In current version, it will update and add new files, but some older media entries will remain in the library. We will be providing an update for this issue.
- Artwork download:
* In current version, to download artwork you need to hit 'Sym' key for 'Song Info Screen' and then click on the default artwork image or select 'Find Album Artwork' from menu. We are going to make it easier to access this function in the next beta update.
- Create playlist
* After selecting the song to be added press 'Alt-P'. You can add all songs in from an album or artist, by selecting the album/artist and press same key 'Alt-P'
* Playlist created is accessible from 'Playlists' of the carousel, then 'On The Go'
* In current version, you can manage only ONE playlist. We are going to make it easier to manage playlists.
- Memory issues
* Many reported the decrement of "free file" on Status screen and suspected that MiuTunes leaks.Popular requests:
* Our engineers have been trying to assess this issue for these few days and found no apparent leaks from the software so far. One thing to note is that the 'free file' does not equate to the available memory on the phone. If you do experience prolong garbage collection (you know, the hour glass turning thingy) please do let us know, how long you have waited any particular thing that you do at the time.
- Support for Rewind and Fast Forward
- Support for WMA files
* We will add limited support WMA files, the least is that you will be able to play unprotected WMA files
- Shorten duration of splash screen and turn off startup sound
* We will provide an option to suppress splash screen and sound in coming beta update
- Support for bluetooth stereo headset
- Support equalizer
- Support for multiple playlists
- Make it configurable to suppress the Welcome screen: "Thank you for using Beta...."
* We purposely make this particular screen not having 'dun ask again' for some reasons. Not to worry, we shall do something for you guys during this beta period to suppress this.
- Make the volume keys work even when MiuTunes is in background
* We shall provide this if this is technically feasible for 3rd party apps
- Support for the upcoming OS 4.5
* No worries, no reason for us not to support 4.5Popular issues reported:
- Mute button not functioning
- Shortcut key 'hold-space' not functioning on some phones
- Music playing stop after receiving message or scrolling artwork till the end
Will let you guys know when the next update is ready, meanwhile stay tuned and lets MiuTunes!