Originally Posted by bradhs
This is my BlackBerry wish list. Maybe someone can solve some of these:
- Ability to assign tasks to employees (similar to Outlook tasks functionality.)
- Ability to accept tasks requested to me (similar to Outlook tasks functionality.)
- Reduce the brightness of the clock when in "Bedside mode" so that I can sleep. (my Bose clock/radio gets super-dimmed automatically when I turn the lights off. BB should do this.)
- Profile option to Vibrate and Ring at the same time.
- User-definable keyboard shortcuts from home screen
- Lock phone to EDGE network to save of battery when necessary
- a 1850mAh battery for my Bold (so close to a dayxxx8217;s worth of work before it wants to die.)
- Timed Profiles (like Nokia phones) xxx8211; e.g. Return back to original profile after xx minutes/hours
- BES Professional to have same features at BES. (HTML email, Wireless Upgrade, etc.)
- Search contact phone numbers... Like when someone says do you know who is at 6195551212?
- Ability to go to the home screen while Searching Emails by pressing END... Right now it aborts the search.
- User option: To require user to press End twice during a phone call to end the call so that you donxxx8217;t accidentally end call while trying to navigate other device applications.
- Separate mailbox icon for BlackBerry Enterprise Email (Separate out BES emails like other personal emails.)
- Ability to select a different icon shape/color for each message account .. Difficult to distinguish between the different accounts quickly.
- Add the ability to retrieve/request the email SMTP message header when you are reviewing a message. (IT would love this.)
- Select All option when in text select mode.
- Ability to select any part of text in a BlackBerry Messenger conversation, including the incoming/outgoing messages.
- Thread like text messaging similar to iPhone.
- Ability to save customizations to a theme.
- Query My Documents on our Enterprise Servers and open, modify Word, Excel documents. (and email so I can email fax to a local fax machinexxx8230;)
- Pandora on my BlackBerry
- Shortcut keys should be consistent: Search in message list is xxx8220;sxxx8221; while search in Internet application is xxx8220;fxxx8221;.
- Docking/Charging cradles also allow for data connectivity to computer. (I have on by my bed plugged into the wall and one at the office plugged into my laptop, but if I want to data connect it I have to plug it directly into the phone.)
To be able to assign tasks (delegate), check out REXwireless's ToDoMatrix
. Looks like it fills the bill.
As for turning off 3G, all Bolds except AT&T ones can do this. Mine is an unlocked Rogers unit and gives me the option for 2G only. It totally mystifies me that AT&T would lock out this feature, especially with all the complaints about their 3G network.