Windows Live Messenger borked after updating Google Talk?
Ok, so I saw that Google Talk for my Curve 8320 had been updated from 2.0.46 to 2.1.33. I did the update, and after updating I can no longer log in to Windows Live Messenger (version 1.0.21). It tries to log in and I just get the error "Command Failed" before it returns to the login screen.
Has this happened to anyone else? I can log in to Google Talk, Yahoo messenger and Facebook with no problems, and Windows Live was working right up until I updated.
Check and see if there is a windows live update, this happen to me with Gtalk and Ymessenger...
I deleted yahoo messenger and google talk to see if live messenger would start working again and it didn't work. I'm kind of stuck on what to do from here. Once I get Live messenger working again I can add google talk back on. Any advice out there on how to get it back up? I'm definitely not a "power user" so my experience with destop manager is limited.
I've been having the same issue since I downloaded the update for Googletalk yesterday. I can no longer log into Windows Live Messenger any longer. I keep getting the error message "Command Failed." I contacted Tmobile blackberry support this morning and they were of no help. I've been on the phone with RIM support and they have been trying to troubleshoot the problem for over an hour now. I'm being told other calls are now coming in about the same issue. Very very frustrating............
They had me delete the Windows Live Messenger application thinking it might have gotten corrupted during the update. When I re-installed messenger from the link RIM provided, its the older version, 1.0.16
Well, at least I'm not the only one so I know I'm not crazy. I've been debating deleting Windows Live Messenger from the phone and re-installing from the current firmware using destop manager, but I'm holding off for now. Let me know if they come up with a fix!
I received this email from RIM support this morning:
"This issue was caused by conflicting service books being present on the Blackberry. We have had the WLM 2.1 provisioning removed and customers should no longer receive the WLM 2.1 [BBIMConfig] service book. This issue affected the 8800, 8820 and 8320 models. Please remove service book WLM 2.1 [BBIMConfig] on the Blackberry. Go to options > advance options > service books and delete WLM 2.1 [BBIMConfig]."
I did the following and can now log into Windows Live Messenger.
Hope it works for you too. :smile:
Worked like a charm! Thanks so much for doing the worst part and making the phone calls. I havent had enough time to sit on the phone with support so this would have stretched out to the weekend for me. Thanks again!!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.