I have been using Ascendo Money Version 3 for the last week and I am quite pleased. If you are looking for a money management application for your BlackBerry and PC, Ascendo Money Version 3 is a good choice and well worth the price, IMHO.
Here are some of the key features that I find very useful:
(1) Creating accounts for such things as checking, credit cards, investments plans, etc.
(2) When viewing an account, you are shown a running and ending balance for the account.
(3) You may set displays options for the account register such as font size, font family, field ordering and size.
(4) You have the ability to set budget amounts for categories like Meals, Utilities, Entertainment and follow the amount you actually spent versus your budget.
(5) One of my favorite options is the ability to split transactions over several categories.
(6) Transfering transactions from one account to another account.
(7) You can reconcile accounts by setting account balance amounts and start dates.
(8) Numerous reports can be generated to show spending by payee, category, etc.
(9) You can display pie and bar graphs of a given account.
(10) Ascendo Money provides full synchronization of data between your PC and handheld device.
(11) You can import and export data in the following formats for exchanging data with other applications.
- Comma Separated Values (CSV) format, used by applications such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access
- Quicken Interchange File (QIF) used by some version of Microsoft Money and Quicken.
- Open Financial Exchange (OFX), created by Intuit, Microsoft and several banks to exchange financial data.
Ascendo Money has lots of features and an intuitive interface, so the choice was easy for me. Its easy to make up you own mind by trying the free trial available from their web site: BlackBerry Personal Finance Manager - Ascendo Money